|Home Contact Us Feedback About Us Questions?|
One of the most common questions we get from people who are thinking about selling their home is how much their closing costs* will be. The following items are typical seller expenses:
· Documentary Stamps on the Deed—Calculated at 70 Cents per $100.00 of the Selling Price (for example if your home sells for $200,000, the documentary stamps would be $1400.00)
· Owner’s Title Insurance Policy—The amount varies depending upon the selling price of your home (for example if your home sells for $200,000, the title policy would run $1075.00)
· Deed Recording Fee—Most title companies charge approx. $10.00 to record the deed.
· Real Estate Commission—This may vary somewhat depending upon the circumstances. The average commission being charged by most real estate brokerages in our area is approx. 6% at this time. Keep in mind that the total commission is usually split between the listing and selling brokers and their agents.
· Settlement Costs—Most Closings in Florida are handled by Title Companies. The settlement costs vary from company to company and usually include a Title Search, Title Exam, and a Closing Fee. Typically these fees range from $250.00 to $500.00 per closing.
|Please keep in mind that some of the above fees may be negotiable, and are provided solely as a guideline. We will be happy to provide you with an individual quote FREE of charge.
*Short Sale and Foreclosure Listings will likely incur very different fees than the above.