|Home Contact Us Feedback About Us Questions?|
We almost always recommend that prospective buyers have the appropriate professional home and property inspections completed
· General Home Inspection
o Roof and trusses
o Foundation and overall structure
o Electrical panel and components
o Heating and Air Conditioning
o Major Appliances (if included with the property)
· WDO (Wood Destroying Organisms)—this could indicate pest problems such as termites or other types of wood rot
o This type of inspection is usually required for FHA or VA loans
· Swimming Pool Inspection
o Checks for leaks, pool pump, filter, heating equipment, safety compliance features, etc.
· Mold Inspection
Several Prominent Home Inspection Companies are listed below for your convenience. Even though we are not endorsing one over the other,
* Ask if they carry Errors & Omissions Insurance - this helps protect your client (and you) in the event an inspector missed or misdiagnosed a component of the home that the inspector is required to inspect according to industry standards.
* Look for inspectors that offer General Liability Insurance as an added layer of protection for you and your client - An inspector who doesn't carry general liability insurance does not protect against property damage in the event the inspector damages your client's property before or after inspecting the home.
* Request training qualifications - Training is key to a proper home inspection. Many inspectors may not have received formal training. Training limitations can lead to potential problems for your clients in the event something is not properly inspected.
* Seek out inspectors who meet industry and/or state standards - Hiring an inspector who does not adhere to industry or state standards could result in missing thousands of dollars in problems, costing your client additional money, time, or aggravation.
* Identify inspectors who are impartial - Impartiality during the inspection process helps to avoid raising unnecessary alarm; the inspector should remain objective while communicating the inspection findings in a professional, non-threatening manner.
* The above suggestions were provided by AmeriSpec®
Local Area Home Inspection Companies
AmeriSpec Home Inspection Service
Happy Home Inspections
Pillar To Post
Pillar To Post